Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Olivet Discourse


Dr. Couch, I am currently working on the Olivet Discourse in Luke 21:20-24 where we read of the destruction of Jerusalem. There we find the phrase “The days of vengeance.” Does this have to do with the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in 70 AD? And, where can I find more information in the subject of “the vengeance”?
   
   ANSWER:  I suggest three sources: I have a great volume entitled “A Handbook of the Book of Acts” published by Kregel. I have a complete study of the subject in that book. You’ll find it fascinating! Also, I have a full treatment in Dr. Tim LaHaye’s book: The Popular Encyclopedia of Bible Prophecy (Harvest House). Too, in January, my commentary on the book of Luke comes out, published by AMG Publications. All three volumes deal with the subject. 

   You can get the Handbook and the Luke commentary from The Scofield Prophecy Studies bookstore if you wish.

   Thanks for asking,

   Dr. Mal Couch