Saturday, March 10, 2007

King James Only?


Dr. Couch, what is the issue behind the King James Only controversy? I often use the NASB yet the KJO crowd says this is not good. What do you think? 
 
    What is behind this controversy is raw ignorance and fear. They do not have a clue as to how our NT comes together. The issue is really not complicated though it would take too long to try to explain it all here.

    I was blessed to study in graduate schools under the best of Greek professors at some of the best Evangelical institutions in America at the time. We had to go through this entire issue textually and historically. Unfortunately, the KJ guys just keep propagating their ignorance and keep looking for liberals under every rock! 

    If it is still available check with the Ankerberg Theological Research Institute. Some years ago he was selling two VHSs with a panel and a debate on the subject. I knew almost all “the good and intelligent” guys. They were my personal friends. I also knew one of the KJ guys—while he is a nice fellow, he really lost badly in the discussions on the tapes. In fact the KJ guys had such bad arguments I really felt sorry for them! 

    Be prepared to fall out in the floor over the silly arguments the KJ guys come up with. Their fears and ignorance is so obvious, you will get sick laughing at what they have to say. 

    This is all I want to say except to some KJ folks: Get a life and get educated! (By the way, they will use what I just wrote against me. We who are “educated” are being fooled and are sucked in by liberal thinking. Nothing could be further from the truth!) 

    Thanks for asking.
    Dr. Mal Couch,