Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dispensationalism Attacked


Dr. Couch, it seems that on his radio program, Hank Hanegraaff continually attacks dispensationalism from a partial preterist-covenant point of view. What do you think? 
 
    ANSWER: Nothing! I do not think anything about him. What can you expect from men who have no solid hermeneutical training in the Word of God, who (1) are allegorists, (2) who hold to a view that God is through with the Jews, (3) that the Church replaces Israel, and (4) who are blind to the facts of the Middle East that point like great big arrows to the prophetic promises of the ancient prophets? 

   I simply quote the awesome predictions God made to the nation of Israel through the prophet Ezekiel: 

   "'I will put My Spirit within you [Israel], and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken and done it,' declares the Lord" (Ezek. 37:14). 

   "I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will bring them from every side and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, ... and one king (the Messiah) will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations, and they will no longer be divided into two kingdoms. ... I will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God" (vv. 21-23). 

   Stick to the Word of God. Do not listen to contrary voices. 

   Thanks for asking.

   Dr. Mal Couch