Sunday, June 5, 2011

Recommended Seminary

Dr. Couch, what seminary do you now recommend for extension courses? I know you have tremendous experience in higher education and should be keeping up with the best available.

ANSWER: I highly recommend Scofield Seminary in California. Almost all extension courses put you on your own in the work load, and so does Scofield. I hear horror stories about other schools, so one has to be careful. Some schools have "big" men who come to teach but behind the scenes there are problems. Scofield has myself, Dr. Tommy Ice, and Dr. Whitcomb associated with it. You can't beat that. But some are just not what they used to be. If you went to Scofield you'd have me as an adviser for many of the studies. I'll give you the goodies! I receive calls monthly from students and potential students who tell me "that school is just not what it used to be!" I know why but it's not my job to be openly critical. I just tell students to be careful.

Thanks for asking.
—Dr. Mal Couch (6/11)