Friday, June 6, 2008

Did God Use Hitler?

Dr. Couch, what do you think of Pastor John Hagee's remark that God used Hitler to cause the Jews to return to the Holy Land? I understand he was under pressure to "repent" of that statement.

ANSWER: That statement was not original with Hagee. It has been an old belief of the Jews in Israel for sixty years. I had Jews tell me that on many of my trips to Israel. "God used Hitler to drive us back to the Land."

I am fed up with us being so weak in resolve that we back down from truth when the world squawks or yells when we say something that it does not like. God is using the evil of men as He pleases. He is the author of His own history. He is not impotent or passive. He brings the storms for judgment and uses men as He wishes to get things accomplished for His purposes. If you do not believe such sovereignty passages I suggest you read Job 12:13-25.

Thanks for asking.
Dr. Mal Couch