Tuesday, August 25, 2009

President Kennedy Shooting

Dr. Couch, I know you were a cameraman/reporter for Channel 8, and a stringer for ABC-TV, during the Kennedy shooting in Dallas. You mentioned about running past the police barricade on Stimmons trying to catch up with the motorcade after the President was shot. I had never seen the barricade mentioned but by a few other reporters. What a story you have to tell!

ANSWER:  Yes, what a day! I was only one of four people who saw the rifle in the window just after Kennedy was shot. My testimony is in many books. I learned a lot about life and history while being a young reporter during the early 50s and late 60s. I had a lot of "adventures" that few people had. It all helped give me a "world history" understanding that painted a significant background for understanding the Bible.

   Thanks for reminding me of this.
   Dr. Mal Couch

(August 2009)