Sunday, January 14, 2007

What About the "Mid-Acts" Position of Some Dispensationalists?


Dr. Couch, do you have any articles on the "Mid-Acts" position of some dispensationalists? Several of my good friends are into this. They are aligned with Stam and Bullinger. Need I be concerned with this? 
 
    ANSWER: Doctrinal errors should always give us some concern. I am a pilot and if I am just a few degrees off my course, I can end up hundreds of miles from where I am going. This could be deadly when I am flying over water!
    I have found that when people are misaligned doctrinally, there is a reason for it. They have an axe to grind or an agenda they are pushing. 

    Again, I would suggest my book Dictionary of Premillennial Theology where there is an article o­n Hyper-dispensationalism, or what is sometimes called, Ultradispensationalism. In the book we say, "The weakness of ultradispensationalism is that it fails to recognize that the nature of a dispensation is based o­n what God does, not o­n human understanding of His purposes." 

    Dr. Charles Ryrie's book Dispensationalism also has a thorough chapter o­n the subject. Too, my book Handbook to the Book of Acts has o­ne of the most extensive treatments of the issue. 

   Thanks for asking.

   Dr. Mal Couch