Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dispensational Commentary on Matthew


Dr. Couch, can you recommend a good dispensational commentary on Matthew? I am studying the Sermon on the Mount and need some help. 
 
    ANSWER:  Yes, indeed I can! Dr. Stanley Toussaint has a great commentary published by Kregel entitled “Behold the King.” He was one of my professors in graduate school. Also, Dr. John F. Walvoord’s volume on Matthew entitled “Thy Kingdom Come” put out by Kregel as well. I am extremely high on Dr. Ed Glasscock’s “Matthew” published by Moody. 

    In a few weeks my own commentary on “Luke” will be coming out, published by AMG Publications, in the 21st Century Commentary series. And, I am general editor with Dr. Ed Hindson on that same series. Some time this spring his “Matthew” should be published by AMG. 

    All the above is good material that will not compromise the true dispensational and premillennial framework of the Word of God. 

   Thanks for asking,

   Dr. Mal Couch