Friday, June 22, 2007

What About Secular Psychology Invading the Church?


Dr. Couch, I guess you have noticed how secular psychology has so invaded the church, and our culture. What do you think? 
 
    You must be new to my website. I write often about this invasion, and about Political Correctness (PC) that drives our culture like a train engine! In all of this I have certain pet peeves though I really do not lose sleep over the devastating changes taking place. It is part of the destruction of our world! 

    For example: 

    The waitress comes up and says, “Hello, I’m your server.” I always have fun with her and say, “But I thought you were a girl! You are a waitress and the guy is a waiter!” At first she looks shocked! You see, they are now making issues, designations and descriptions neutral and breaking down the distinction between men and women. 

    Or, the little waitress will say, “What do you guys want?” My wife is not a guy; she is a gal! But better she is an older lady, a woman. Why don’t they say “What do you guys and gals want?” They make both genders “guys.” What happened to “Sir, what would you like?” Or, “Ma'am, what can I get you?” By the way, some Evangelical fema-nazis say “You should not call a grown woman a “girl.” That’s funny, in all the “old” movies the actors may say “What do you girls want to do?” How come there was no great offense in those days in saying that, but there is now? 

    The reason this is all happening is that this present generation gets so offended because it is so psychologically sensitive—it wears its feelings on its shoulders. Now the word “respect” is big. “He did not RESPECT me!” And, “I need my space.” 

    Also, what blows me away, is that men today call policemen to come out when they have been hit (“ASSAULTED”) by a woman or a wife. So what! Big deal! Where have all the men gone. Men have been made “equal” and feminized by the girls! 

    This sounds like I am nitpicking but I am not! WHOEVER controls the language, and the laws, controls the culture! Whoever can change the way people think, on so many issues, will change the nation! 

Thanks for asking.

Dr. Mal Couch